Welcome to our ISL-Jefferson Campus
- April 5, 2017 – Message to ISL Parents: Please note the PTO Facebook Groups for all ISL campuses will be De-activated on Friday, June 9, 2017. The new Campus Facebook Groups will be activated on August 1, 2017. Parents will have the opportunity to join the new Campus Facebook Groups before the start of the 2017-18 School Year. Notification with new Campus Facebook Group links will be emailed to all parents by your Campus Family Liaison.
- A letter explaining the Transfer process for JP students was sent home on February 10. To access these letters, click on the following links: Transfer Letter Instructions in English Instrucciones en español
- A message from Head of School has been emailed to ISL families, click here to view.
- A Letter from the Head of School for our Jefferson Parish families (posted Friday, January 13, 2017). ISL-JPPSS Letter
- A Letter to ISL-JP families (posted Monday, January 9, 2017) jpcampus2
About our Campus:
Our ISL Jefferson Campus is located in Jefferson Parish at 8101 Simon St. Metairie, LA 70003. Tucked away in the quaint Bunche Village neighborhood, it boasts a spacious facility. This allows teachers and staff plenty of space to conduct outdoor activities and provide academic support in an ideal setting throughout the campus.
Our facility includes an indoor gymnasium, an outdoor basketball court, and a spacious field area where our students can enjoy recreational activities and our community and parents participate in our events. Students and parents have access to a sweet library space where they can read and check out French and Spanish language books, as well as English language material and books.
For more information about our ISL Curriculum, please click here._
Each week, your family liaison provides the latest information, activities, and announcements in a weekly newsletter. ISL administrators and Departments share school wide information for all parents through their campus newsletter. To view a copy of this month’s tid bits, click on the links below. If you are a parent at our Jefferson campus and are not receiving our weekly tid bits in your email, please contact Martha Pena, Family Liaison, to be added to the email list.
Please click on the link below for the latest news:
Important Campus Dates this month:
Listed below are some campus specific dates that are not available on the ISL school wide calendar. To view the school wide calendar, click here.
- Thursday, March 30th : 5th Grade March Madness Basketball tournament
- Thursday, April 6: Middle School Science Night at Mid City Campus @ 6:30 pm
- Friday, April 7: No Prime Time. $25 late pick up fee after 3:45 pm.
- Week of April 3-7: Science All Around Week
- Week of April 10-14: Spring Break. School Closed.
- Monday, April 17: Classes Resume.
- Week of May 1-5: State Testing. The Louisiana Department of Education has released a Parent Guide to the 2017 LEAP Tests to support parents in helping their children prepare for this year’s assessments. The guide, available in the Family Support Toolbox, includes helpful information on test schedules, testing times and resources such as practice tests and released test items to support student learning at home.
- Monday, May 29: Memorial Day. School Closed.
- Friday, June 2: Last DAy for Students/Semester Ends. Noon Dismissal. No Prime Time.
- Program information:
- K-5th French and Spanish immersion education
- School hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:45 A.M.-3:30 P.M.
- Wednesdays (early dismissal) 7:45 A.M.-2:30 P.M.
- Early Bird starts at 7:15 am. Students enter through the front gate in front of the library building and proceed to the library until 7:45 am when they will go to their own classrooms to be served breakfast. Any student arriving at 7:30 am will be considered an Early Bird Student. *NO student should be dropped and left alone outside the school building.
- School opens at 7:45 am for all students. Morning carpool comes in through the side gate.
- Students arriving after 8 am should enter through the front office door and check in with Ms. Martha or Ms. Cinthia to get their tardy slips. NO parents allowed to walk students to the classrooms after 8 am.
- Office hours when school is in session:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 A.M- 4:00 P.M (Office closed 3:00 P.M.- 3:30 P.M.)
- Wednesdays 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (Office closed 2:00 P.M.- 2:30 P.M.)
- Child care programs:
- Before Care and Aftercare Programs are available, click here for more information
- UPDATE: Effective the 2016-17 school year the After School Program will charge a flat fee for ALL students: $25 non-refundable registration fee; $10 per day or $150 per month. Registration forms will be sent home on the first week of school.
- To contact the Finance Department, you may call Alondra Clem at (5o4) 229-4378
- Transportation services:
- Bus service provided in Jefferson Parish, click here for contact information and Bus Routes.
- At our Jefferson campus, parents and/or guardians must provide proof of Jefferson Parish residence
- The front office closes 30 minutes before dismissal daily. No early check outs during this time.
For Campus Activities, flyers, and forms, please visit the PTO page by clicking here.
Office: (504) 952-3032
Amanda Hudson, Administrative Assistant
Office: (504) 229-4374
Martha C. Pena, Family Liaison
Office: (504) 229-4390
Cinthia Alvarez, Office Assistant
Office: (504) 934-4875