Welcome to our ISL-Olivier Street Campus
- January 19, 2017: A message from Head of School has been emailed to ISL families, click here to view.
- January 2, 2017: Important Announcement from Head of School- International School of Louisiana Acquires New Campus “In-demand language immersion school expands to meet growing student population at former Bethune site.” Click here to read more.
- December 14, 2016: Middle School Update- “The Orleans Parish School Board has announced that the International School of Louisiana’s temporary use of the John Dibert facility at 4217 Orleans Avenue will end after the 2016-17 school year. ISL grades 6-8 will finish the current year at the Mid-City campus and return to our Uptown facility at 1400 Camp Street for the 2017-18 school year.” For questions or concerns, please click here.
About our Campus:
Our Olivier St. Campus is located in the picturesque New Orleans neighborhood of Algiers Point at 502 Olivier St., New Orleans LA, 70114. The Historic Algiers Point neighborhood has many things to offer. Within walking distance, historic and beautiful residences, parks, and it’s own neighborhood library. It is just minutes away from a ferry ride across the river.
Our facility includes an outdoor playground and a spacious cafeteria area where our students can enjoy recreational activities and our community and parents participate in our events. Students and parents have access to a sweet library space where they can read and check out Spanish language books, as well as English language material and books.
For more information about our ISL Curriculum, please click here.
Parent Newsletter (Weekly Tid-Bits):_____
Each Thursday, your family liaison provides the latest information, activities, and announcements in a weekly newsletter. ISL administrators and Departments share school wide information for all parents through their campus newsletter. To view a copy of this month’s tidbits, click on the links below. If you are a parent at our Olivier campus and are not receiving our weekly tidbits in your email, and you would like to, please contact Kristen Jensen our Family Liaison, or click the link below.
Our Weekly Tid Bits will be posted below once available
Important Campus Dates:
Listed below are some campus specific dates that are not available on the ISL school wide calendar. To view the school wide calendar, click here.
Feb. 23 ISL Olivier Mardi Gras Parade (10:45-11:45am)
Feb 23 Half Day-Professional Development (Noon Dismissal)
Feb 24 Teacher Professional Development (School Closed)
Feb 27-Mar. 3 Mardi Gras break (School Closed)
Mar. 6 Classes Resume
Mar. 22 1/2 day Progress Report Conferences (Noon Dismissal)
April 10-14 Spring Break (School Closed)
April 17 Classes Resume
May 1-5 State Testing
May 29 Memorial Day (School Closed)
June 2 Last Day Of School (Noon Dismissal)
- Program information:
- K-5th Spanish immersion education
- School hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:45 A.M.-3:30 P.M.
- Wednesdays (early dismissal) 7:45 A.M.-2:30 P.M.
- Early Bird starts at 7:15 am. Students enter through the front gate in front of the library building and proceed to the library until 7:45 am when they will go to their own classrooms to be served breakfast. Any student arriving at 7:30 am will be considered an Early Bird Student. *NO student should be dropped and left alone outside the school building.
- School opens at 7:45 am for all students. Morning carpool comes in through the side gate.
- Students arriving after 8 am should enter through the front office door and check in with Ms. Kristen or Ms. Lizet to get their tardy slips. NO parents allowed to walk students to the classrooms after 8 am.
- Office hours when school is in session:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 A.M- 4:00 P.M (Office closed 3:00 P.M.- 3:30 P.M.)
- Wednesdays 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (Office closed 2:00 P.M.- 2:30 P.M.)
- Child care programs:
- Before Care and Aftercare Programs are available, click here for more information
- UPDATE: Effective the 2016-17 school year the After School Program will charge a flat fee for ALL students: $25 non-refundable registration fee; $10 per day or $150 per month. Registration forms will be sent home on the first week of school.
For Campus Activities (not listed on the school wide calendar), flyers, and forms, please visit the PTO page by clicking here
Front Office Assistant