Welcome to our ISL-Uptown Campus
- April 5, 2017: Message to ISL Parents: Please note the PTO Facebook Groups for all ISL campuses will be De-activated on Friday, June 9, 2017. The new Campus Facebook Groups will be activated on August 1, 2017. Parents will have the opportunity to join the new Campus Facebook Groups before the start of the 2017-18 School Year. Notification with new Campus Facebook Group links will be emailed to all parents by your Campus Family Liaison.
- January 19, 2017: A message from Head of School has been emailed to ISL families, click here to view.
- January 2, 2017: Important Announcement from Head of School- International School of Louisiana Acquires New Campus “In-demand language immersion school expands to meet growing student population at former Bethune site.” Click here to read more.
- December 14, 2016: Middle School Update- “The Orleans Parish School Board has announced that the International School of Louisiana’s temporary use of the John Dibert facility at 4217 Orleans Avenue will end after the 2016-17 school year. ISL grades 6-8 will finish the current year at the Mid-City campus and return to our Uptown facility at 1400 Camp Street for the 2017-18 school year.” For questions or concerns, please click here.
About our Campus:
Our Camp St. Campus is located in the Lower Garden District at 1400 Camp St., New Orleans LA, 70130. Across from Coliseum Square, it is just a short walk away from the artsy neighborhood of Magazine Street and minutes from a trolley (streetcar) ride down St. Charles Avenue.
Our facility includes an outdoor play area and field, covered outdoor seating areas, an Art cottage, and a spacious cafeteria and stage where our students can enjoy recreational activities, practice their Circus Arts performances, and our community and parents participate in our events. Students and parents have access to a sweet library space where they can read and check out French and Spanish language books, as well as English language material and books.
For more information about our ISL Curriculum, please click here.
Stay up-to-date on the goings on at our Uptown and Mid-City Campuses by signing up to receive our official weekly Tid-Bits Newsletter!
Each week, your campus office provides the latest information, activities, and announcements in a weekly newsletter. ISL administrators and Departments share school wide information for all parents through their campus newsletter. To view a copy of this month’s tid bits, click on the links below. If you are a parent at our Uptown campus and are not receiving our weekly tid bits in your email, please click on the link provided above and register to receive our weekly tid bits.
Please click on the link below for the latest news:
- Tid Bits: Weekly Newsletter 04/07/17 (Uptown Campus)
- Tid Bits: Weekly Newsletter 04/21/17 (Uptown Campus)
- Tid Bits: Weekly Newsletter 04/28/17 (Uptown Campus)
Important Campus Dates this month:
- April 24-28 ……………… State Testing (LEAP) Grades 5-8
- May 1-5 ………………….. State Testing (LEAP) Grade 3-4
- Wednesday, May 3rd……………………………….. Support ISL Day
- May 5 ………………. State Testing (LEAP-Science Only) Grade 5-8
- May 13 ………………………….. Fête Fresco (Fresh Fest)
- May 15-19 ………………………….. Fabulous Fortnight
- May 18 ………………………….. Final PTO Meeting
- May 20 ………………………….. Family Fun Night
- May 26 ………………………….. 8th Grade Graduation
- May 29 ………………………….. Memorial Day (NO SCHOOL)
For questions about this section, please contact email@example.com
- Please take a moment to read the press release regarding the acquisition of the new Bethune building, which will become the ISL Mid-City/Dixon Campus. ISL administration and BOT announced plans to make the campus an Early Childhood concentrated facility for grades K-2, housing up to 400 students. The Uptown- Camp Street location would become 3-8 grade beginning August 2017.
- Temporary Swing Space during building refurbishment (2016-17 school year):
- K-5 students are currently housed at our Camp St. Campus.
- Middle School students (Grades 6-8) are currently housed at our Mid-City Campus.
- “The Orleans Parish School Board has announced that the International School of Louisiana’s temporary use of the John Dibert facility at 4217 Orleans Avenue will end after the 2016-17 school year. ISL grades 6-8 will finish the current year at the Mid-City campus and return to our Uptown facility at 1400 Camp Street for the 2017-18 school year.”
- For information on any future updates to the Middle School please visit their page here: Mid-City Campus.
- K-5 School hours: Monday through Friday 7:45 A.M.-3:30 P.M. except on Wednesdays when dismissal is 2:30 P.M.
- Middle School hours: Monday through Friday 8:15 A.M.-4:00 P.M. except on Wednesdays when dismissal is 3:00 P.M.
- There is no residency restriction to apply to our program.
- This is no transportation offered for the Mid-City or Camp Street Campuses.
- Each student (K-8) must pay the Annual Enrichment Fee of $250. Make a payment here.
- Each student in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade must pay a Annual Supply Fee of $200. Students in these grades do NOT have to buy supplies, as the school will purchase them. Make a payment here.
- Grades 3-8 Supply Lists can be found on our Resources and Forms page.
- Apply for Free/Reduced price lunch here.
- ISL Camp and Mid-City are pleased to offer Before and After Care at each of our campuses. Registration forms are here and are also available at the front desk of our campuses.
Main Office Phone Number:
Main Office Fax Number: