Mid-City Campus (Grades 6-8)
Middle School Update 12/13/16:
“The Orleans Parish School Board has announced that the International School of Louisiana’s temporary use of the John Dibert facility at 4217 Orleans Avenue will end after the 2016-17 school year. ISL grades 6-8 will finish the current year at the Mid-City campus and return to our Uptown facility at 1400 Camp Street for the 2017-18 school year.”
- April 5, 2017: Message to ISL Parents: Please note the PTO Facebook Groups for all ISL campuses will be De-activated on Friday, June 9, 2017. The new Campus Facebook Groups will be activated on August 1, 2017. Parents will have the opportunity to join the new Campus Facebook Groups before the start of the 2017-18 School Year. Notification with new Campus Facebook Group links will be emailed to all parents by your Campus Family Liaison.
- January 19, 2017: A message from Head of School has been emailed to ISL families, click here to view.
- January 2, 2017: Important Announcement from Head of School- International School of Louisiana Acquires New Campus “In-demand language immersion school expands to meet growing student population at former Bethune site.” Click here to read more.
- December 14, 2016: Middle School Update- “The Orleans Parish School Board has announced that the International School of Louisiana’s temporary use of the John Dibert facility at 4217 Orleans Avenue will end after the 2016-17 school year. ISL grades 6-8 will finish the current year at the Mid-City campus and return to our Uptown facility at 1400 Camp Street for the 2017-18 school year.” For questions or concerns, please click here.
WELCOME MIDDLE SCHOOL FAMILIES!
Stay up-to-date on the goings on at our
Uptown and Mid-City Campuses by
Physical Address: 4217 Orleans Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119
Mailing Address: 1400 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Main Office Phone Number: (504) 215-7590
Mid-City School Day Hours:
- Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 3:00 p.m.
Before and Aftercare is available. Please check our Resources and Forms page for more information on how to apply.
- Drop Off: St. Ann Street (rear of building)
- Pick Up: N. Hennessey Street (side of building)
The Recovery School District owns our Camp Street facility; beginning in the spring of 2016, RSD will be carrying out a planned refurbishment project at that site. Their contractors will work on the roof, windows, fire alarm system, and other items. To facilitate that process and give our students the best – and least disrupted – education possible, we will move our Middle School teachers and students to Mid-City during construction. Please see the information below for details. See you in Mid-City!
Based on the information we have been given by the Recovery School District and the contractors working on the Camp Street building, ISL anticipates continuing to house our Middle School students in temporary swing space throughout the duration of the renovation project.
Letter to Families from Ms. Camey, Principal (Camp & Mid-City Campuses)
Letters to Families from Ms. Tennyson, Head of School (All ISL Campuses)
If you are NOT a student or family member at ISL and you have questions or concerns about our Mid-City space, please contact Susan Chapman, Chief of Staff, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jairo Maldonado, Assistant Principal (on site daily)
Ghislaine Camey, Principal (on site part-time)
Have other questions? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions