Dixon Campus Community
WELCOME TO YOUR
DIXON CAMPUS COMMUNITY PAGE
Our ISL Campus Community page provides families with links to your Campus Tid Bits (Weekly Newsletter), special Dixon Campus Announcements, and Campus Activities. On this page, you can stay connected to your Dixon Campus updates from your Family Liaison and Campus Principal.
Message to Families (November 30, 2021)
All ISL families will be receiving a letter from your Campus Nurse regarding the Heath Heroes Vaccination Clinic which will be held at ISL campuses on December 10th. Click here to read this letter. Consent forms are required for all eligible students in order for Health Heroes to administer the first or second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. These letters and forms will be sent with students no later than tomorrow, December 1, 2021. It is important to note that the deadline to return the consent forms is December 3. Please check your child’s folder for this important information. (Link: https://mailchi.mp/
For the 2021-2022 Year at a Glance calendar, click here.
Emergency Alerts Information:
Please use this link to see our emergency alerts procedures.
- 12/17: 12pm Dismissal -No After School Programs
- 12/20-31: Winter Break
- 1/3: Classes Resume
- 1/5: 1st Semester Report Cards Issued
- 1/15: Prospective Parents Open House
- 1/17: Dr. Martin Luther King Day- No School
Information from your Campus Principal
Campus TidBits Weekly Newsletter
During the school year, you will receive a weekly newsletter from your Campus Family Liaisons. It will include the latest announcements and other reminders. This newsletter is emailed to families on Thursdays. We encourage you to refer to your weekly newsletter to read about the activities taking place the following week at your campus and to receive important information and reminders.
To Subscribe to The Dixon Weekly TidBits Newsletter Click here
To view past issues of your Campus TidBits, please click here.
ISL EARLY BIRD AND PRIME TIME
EARLY BIRD (Before School Care)
- Dixon Campus from 7:15am-7:45am
- Drop off location: Main Entrance (4040 Eagle Street)
- Drop-In Service: There is a Before School Child Care drop-in service available for students who are not registered in the Early Bird program. Payment must be made in full the same morning of service.
PRIME TIME (After School Care)*
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (except Wednesdays)- 3:45pm-5:30pm
- Early Dismissal Wednesdays- 2:45pm-5:30pm
- Pick up location: Modular Building. Enter through gate located on Marks Street
- Drop-In Service: There is a Primetime drop-in service available for students who are not registered in an after school Program. Fees must be paid in full the afternoon of service.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Monthly payments can be made by cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card. You may also pay monthly fees on-line at www.myschoolbucks.com. My school bucks is the preferred method of payment. Click here for Fee information and other details.
- After School Programs do not operate on ½ school days nor on the final school days before Fall, Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Breaks.
- *Students who remain on campus more than 15 minutes after dismissal and who are not registered in the after school program will automatically be checked into drop-in and charged $20. Fees must be paid in full the afternoon of service.
COMMUNITY WORKS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
This program is not coordinated by ISL or ISL staff. This program is sponsored through a partnership with Community Works.
Click here for more information on how to apply for Pandemic EBT Summer Benefits.
Visit the Food Services page for the following:
- Application for Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) benefits
- Application for Free/Reduced Meal Benefits
- ISL Café Menu
- All students will receive free meals for the 2021-22 school year
- Special diet requests for the 2021-22 School year must be supported by a signed diet prescription form by a licensed medical authority. Menu substitutions will be made for students with a documented medical needs. For a copy click here
Any questions or concerns regarding Food services, Meal distribution or pick up, and any dietary or food safety, please reach out to:
Melissa Boudreaux (Director of Food Services): (504) 444-2696 firstname.lastname@example.org
ISL Families can find all links to the Head of School Announcements on our HOS Corner.
ISL Support Services
The following email was sent to families from the Social Work Department at ISL.
Community Resources for Ida Recovery:During this time of recovery, ISL would like to provide resources for families that need assistance with recovery efforts. You can visit this page to see a list of resources that we have compiled.
Message from Information Technology
For students that would like to access the Clever portal from a non-ISL device, please see the attached document for detailed instructions. If you need any further assistance, please contact our helpdesk at email@example.com.
FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more.
About the Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount for up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Families are encouraged to check eligibility with local providers before filling out the online application through GetEmergencyBroadband.org. This is a national application, so families can expect a quicker response time with local providers.
TO APPLY FOR BENEFITS THROUGH COX COMMUNICATIONS, CLICK HERE
TO APPLY FOR BENEFITS THROUGH AT&T, CLICK HERE
TO LEARN MORE AND CHECK ELIGIBILITY, CLICK HERE
Tech Support Issues
If you have issues with an ISL-issued Chromebook or your student’s ISL Email account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information when you email us:
- Student name
- Student campus
- Student grade
- Description of the issue you are experiencing
- For issues with the Chromebook, include the asset tag number found on the red sticker on the bottom of the device
- List of the troubleshooting steps taken (i.e. resetting internet, rebooting the device, etc.)
For account information for iReady or other resources used within your student’s class (links to Google Meets, information on curriculum resources, etc.) please reach out to your student’s teacher directly.
NOTE: We auto-close tickets if we do not receive a response within 24 hours.
Please visit the ISL COVID-19 page to view school-wide policies, plans, and FAQ documents for the 2020/2021 school year.
ISL Family Engagement
More information coming soon
ISL Photo Policy
Click here for the ISL Photo Policy
To contact your teacher
If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Family Liaison: Catalian Colbert – email@example.com