Message from Head of School

A Message from Head of School has been emailed to families, click here to view.

Food Services & Menus



Time Sensitive Information
Pandemic EBT (P-EBT)



  • Monday, May 18 Family application portal goes live.
  • Monday, June 8 Family application portal closes and families can no longer apply for P-EBT benefits


Is your family eligible to receive free or reduced meal benefits for the 2019-2020 school year? If yes, below you will find important information regarding the NEW Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) Benefit for all eligible families. 

Has your income or household status changed since March 2020? If so, you may be eligible to receive these benefits.  

Understanding Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) Benefits:

    • The Pandemic EBT benefits program will provide families with additional help to purchase groceries for students that would normally receive school meals.
    • Benefits include: $285 EBT/Student 
    • Scroll down for additional P-EBT information
    • All  ISL families are encouraged to complete the online free/reduced application to be considered for Pandemic EBT benefits (P-EBT).  

The first step is to ensure you have applied for Free and Reduced meal benefits. To apply, click on the following link:

My School Apps http://www.myschoolapps.com

For additional information from ISL Food Services,  Email Melissa Boudreaux mboudreaux@isl-edu.org with additional questions or concerns.

PRINT A COPY –  2019-20 Meal Benefits Applications


2019-20 Dixon Application

2019-20 Uptown Application

2019-20 Westbank Application


2019-20 Dixon Application

2019-20 Uptown Application

2019-20 Westbank  Application





Click here for Meal Distribution Locations

Click here for Meal Distribution Locations

As a Type 2 school, ISL serves families residing in 7 parishes. In times of emergency our state and federal agencies, as well as local officials and organizations work collaboratively to ensure children and teens under the age of 18 have access to meals.

There is a robust and coordinated effort through which at least twenty-two school sites will be providing “grab and go” nutritious meal pickup across Orleans parish by March 18. Other parishes will be joining this effort and providing information as well. If you have any questions about how to receive meals for your family please reach out to Melissa Boudreaux, Director of Food Service, for assistance.

Message from Mayor LaToya Cantrell

March 17, 2020 (9AM) Feeding locations are OPEN! During this emergency we want to ensure our school age children receive nutritious meals. (any children & teens 18 and below) Schools are serving grab-and-go meals from 9a-12p throughout the city. As schools come online, we will update. Children do not need to be with you.

Please continue to receive accurate information from reliable sources, including the CDC, the Louisiana Department of Health, and here in New Orleans, NOLAReady online: ready.nola.gov.

Text COVIDNOLA to 888777 for updates.


December 2019

November 2019

October 2019

September 2019

August 2019__

January 2020

February 2020

March 2020


Special Dietary Needs


Accommodations for students with special dietary needs are available at each school campus. Federal and State regulations require a completed and current diet prescription form for any type of change or substitution to the student’s diet.  The parent/guardian must submit a current form each school year.

The special diet prescription form has to be completed and signed by your child’s physician or medical authority.  Special diet requests for your child will not be processed until a 2019-2020 form is received. If you have questions regarding the form please contact the Food Service Office at (504) 444-2696.

**PLEASE NOTE** If a student cannot have fluid milk due to a medical diagnosis, the Physician must prescribe the milk substitute on the Diet Prescription Form.  The following substitutions are available 4 oz. 100% fruit juice, bottled water and lactaid and soy milk.


Special diet requests for personal reasons (i.e., ethnic or religious) without a recognized medical disability may be accommodated at the discretion of the Food Services Director. The ISL Food Services Department is not required to make substitutions for non-medical reasons. However, students are allowed to refuse food items within the guidelines of offer vs. serve.

For your convenience, the diet prescription form is listed below

2019-20 Diet Prescription Form

Note:  An updated form must be submitted each school year.

Meal Payments

Image result for my school bucks

For Parents


Create a free account and easily make payments online and on‑the‑go.

  • Check cafeteria balance & purchases
  • Receive low balance alerts
  • Set up automatic payments
  • Pay for school-related items

Parent User Guide

2019-20 Meal Payment Form


The procedure for paying for meals is to PRE-PAY by the day, week, month, or year.  A check, cash, or money order should be sent in a sealed envelope with the student’s first and last name including the amount enclosed and school campus written on the outside of the envelope. CASH PAYMENTS ARE HIGHLY DISCOURAGED AND THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON THE PAYER IF HE/SHE CHOOSES TO USE CASH FOR PAYMENT.   There is a $35 NSF fee for each returned check.  Meal payment forms are located in the front office of each school or online at www.isl-edu.org/menu.

Money MUST be available in the meal account or paid at the point of service. This policy includes everyone: students, staff, and visitors.  Money remaining in the account at the end of the school year will carry over to the following school year.

Student meal account funds cannot be used to pay for guest meals which include parent/guardian meals.


Accounts with delinquent balances of $25 or more will be subject to collections and scheduled meal denial.


When an account is negative $25.00 or more, the parent/guardian will be contacted by the Food Service Department.  If payment is not received within the time agreed upon,  the student will be served an alternative snack until a payment is received. Upon the third instance during a single school year of an elementary or middle school student being denied a regular meal during school hours, the Food Service Department shall contact the Office of Community Services within the Department of Social Services to report the failure of the parent or guardian to pay for meals which has resulted in repeated denials of meals during school hours.

Student Meal Account Refund 

Meal Account balances will automatically carry over to the next school year for returning students.

Students enrolled for the entire current School year, but not returning the following school year, will receive a refund only upon request.

Student meal account refunds are granted upon request when a student graduates, leaves the school district, or if a special circumstance necessitates the refund.  Parents/guardians may request a refund by completing the Meal Account Refund request form and send to International School of Louisiana 1400 Camp St.  New Orleans, LA 70130 Attn: Food Services or email to mboudreaux@isl-edu.org

Please allow 7-10 days for processing.

Refund Request

Meal Price Increase:  2019-20 School Year

May 24, 2019

Dear Parents/Guardians:

International School of Louisiana Food Service Department is committed to providing all students with nutritious, well-balanced meals in a welcoming environment while striving to maintain low school meal prices.  In an effort to provide high quality meals that are appealing to our students and meet all federal and state regulations for the school meal programs, meal prices will increase by ten cents (.10 cents) next school year for full price breakfast and lunch.

Effective July 1, 2019 school meal prices will be as follows:

Meal Service 2019-20 SY Meal Prices
Breakfast 1.60
Lunch 2.85

Please note that the changes will not affect students who qualify for free or reduced priced meals.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve your child nutritious school meals.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Melissa Boudreaux, Food Service Director at mboudreaux@isl-edu.org or (504) 444-2696.

Thank you,

Melissa Boudreaux

Food Service Director

Other Food Services Resources

Wellness Policy Assessment 2019 – 2020 SY

SMART Snacks Planner: https://foodplanner.healthiergeneration.org/prSmaoducts/

  Alternative Fundraising Ideas

Non-discrimination Statement: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.