Uptown Campus Community
Our ISL Campus Community page will provide families with links to your Campus Tid Bits (Weekly Newsletter), Special Uptown Campus Announcements, and Campus Activities. On this page, you can stay connected to your Uptown Campus updates from your Family Liaison and Campus Principal.
To learn more about Communications at ISL and where to find information, click here.
IMPORTANT DATES & REMINDERS
To view the School-Wide Calendar, please click here
To view the 2018-19 Year At A Glance Calendar, please click here
Come meet your child’s teacher, drop off supplies and receive very important information:
- August 10: Lower School (Grades 3-5) Meet & Greet/Orientation for Parents only at 9 am.
- August 13: 6th Grade Meet and Greet/Orientation for Parents and Students at 1 pm.
- August 14: 7th Grade Meet and Greet/Orientation for Parents and Students at 9 am.
- August 14: 8th Grade Meet and Greet/Orientation for Parents and Students at 1 pm.
- August 15: 1st Day of School for all Uptown Campus students (Grades 3-8)
- August 22: Uptown Campus Back to School Family Fun Night at Airline Skate Center.
- September 12: Middle School Fun Night at Adventure Quest Laser Tag
- Each week you will received your Uptown Campus Tid-Bits. This is our weekly newsletter. This newsletter will provide you with all reminders, announcements, activities going on at your campus. Please ensure we have the correct email address on file so you can be sure to receive it.
To receive and/or view your most recent Tid-Bits, click here
JEFFERSON PARISH BUS REGISTRATION
Any Jefferson Parish families interested in receiving information regarding school bus transportation for the 2018-2019 school year, please fill out this form. Please note this is a fee-based service and school bus stops include areas in Jefferson Parish only.
- Update July 19, 2018: Currently there are only seats available on the Westbank bus. However, this route includes a stop De LaSalle Park and a stop in Metairie.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES THIS MONTH
Would you like to take a part in making a difference at our campus? You may want to head one of our volunteer groups or simply be part of a group.
At ISL, we encourage Family Involvement. We hope to see you at the campus and encourage you to contact your Family Liaison for volunteer opportunities around campus.
Family Involvement Plan- The International School of Louisiana receives Title I, Part A funds and is required to develop with and distribute to parents a parental involvement policy & plan that contains the information required by section 1118(a)(2) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The policy establishes the International School of Louisiana’s expectations for parental involvement and describes how the LEA will implement a number of specific parental involvement activities, and is incorporated into the school improvement plans (SIP) and handbooks of each school that is submitted to the State Educational Agency (SEA) annually. The International School of Louisiana’s goal is to support effective parental involvement and to strengthen student academic achievement.
Please click below to review the documents:
- District Parent Involvement Policy
- School Parent Involvement Policy
- Parent Involvement Plan