Uptown Campus Community
Our ISL Campus Community page will provide families with links to your Campus Tid Bits (Weekly Newsletter), Special Uptown Campus Announcements, and Campus Activities. On this page, you can stay connected to your Uptown Campus updates from your Family Liaison and Campus Principal.
To learn more about Communications at ISL and where to find information, click here.
IMPORTANT DATES & REMINDERS
To view the School-Wide Calendar, please click here
To view the 2018-19 Year At A Glance Calendar, please click here
Saturdays on February ISL basketball games
February 5 Chinese New Year Celebration for students
February 6 100 Days of school (Math activities in the classrooms)
February 6-8 T.R.E.E field trip (3rd group 7th-grade students)
February 7 Math Week Contest
February 8 3rd-5th Grade Open Studio (Parents are invited)
February 20 Class Picture Day and Individual Retakes
February 20 Board of Trustees Meeting
February 25-28 Spirit Week
February 28 Dr. Seuss Reading Day @ 9:30 am
February 28 Optional Mardi Grass activities in classroom
February 28 Lost and Found bin emptied
February 28 Teacher Professional Day (12:30 Dismissal/No Aftercare)
- Important messages and alerts are sent to the primary email and phone number provided by the parent at the beginning of the school year. For uninterrupted communication, please make sure to update any changes by clicking here to fill out the Update Contact Form.
- Available upon subscribing, each week you will receive your Uptown Campus TidBits. This is our weekly newsletter. This newsletter will provide you with all reminders, announcements, and the activities going on at your campus. To receive and/or view your most recent Tid-Bits, click here
- To join the ISL Uptown Campus Facebook Group, please click here. This is a closed group. Thus, you will need to answer a couple of questions before approval.
Would you like to take part in making a difference at our campus? You may want to head one of our volunteer groups or simply be part of a group.
At ISL, we encourage Family Involvement. We hope to see you at the campus and encourage you to contact your Family Liaison for volunteer opportunities around campus.
Family Involvement Plan- The International School of Louisiana receives Title I, Part A funds and is required to develop with and distribute to parents a parental involvement policy & plan that contains the information required by section 1118(a)(2) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The policy establishes the International School of Louisiana’s expectations for parental involvement and describes how the LEA will implement a number of specific parental involvement activities, and is incorporated into the school improvement plans (SIP) and handbooks of each school that is submitted to the State Educational Agency (SEA) annually. The International School of Louisiana’s goal is to support effective parental involvement and to strengthen student academic achievement.
Please click below to review the documents:
- District Parent Involvement Policy
- School Parent Involvement Policy
- Parent Involvement Plan