Uptown Campus Community
Our ISL Campus Community page will provide families with links to your Campus Tid Bits (Weekly Newsletter), Special Uptown Campus Announcements, and Campus Activities. On this page, you can stay connected to your Uptown Campus updates from your Family Liaison and Campus Principal.
To learn more about Communications at ISL and where to find information, click here.
IMPORTANT DATES & REMINDERS
To view the School-Wide Calendar, please click here
To view the 2018-19 Year At A Glance Calendar, please click here
- October 1-5: ANet 1
- October 5: No Prime Time or Community Works.
- October 5: 5th-Grade Field Trip: The Cabildo
- October 5: 6th-Grade Presentation: Goat in the Road 3 pm
- October 5: 8th-Grade Field Trip: Hynes High School 1-3 pm
- October 8-12: Fall Break (School Closed)
- October 17: Middle School Presentation: BYLA Sexual Health (This event has been postponed) TBA
- October 17: Parents Go Back to School Night (3-5th Grades) 5-6 pm
- October 17: Board of Trustees Meeting 6 pm
- October 22-26: 5th-grade Science Phenomena Unit 1: Sugar Mountain Field Trip
- October 25: 6th-Grade Presentation: Energy Smart 3pm-4pm
- October 25: FamilyScience Night 5:30-7:30 pm. All families invited.
- October 29: MindSteppers Flash Mob Jackson Square Field Trip
- October 30: Picture Day
- October 31: Progress Report Conferences (1/2 Day – Noon Dismissal)
- October 31: Uniform Swap (Tentative)
We wanted to let you know that we will be hosting Cafe & Croissants with the administration at our campuses. Space is limited and RSVP is required. For more information click here. The scheduled dates are Uptown (10/23), Westbank (11/29), Dixon (12/12). For questions, call (504) 229-4375.
- Each week you will receive your Uptown Campus Tid-Bits. This is our weekly newsletter. This newsletter will provide you with all reminders, announcements, and the activities going on at your campus. Please ensure we have the correct email address on file so you can be sure to receive it.
To receive and/or view your most recent Tid-Bits, click here
Would you like to take part in making a difference at our campus? You may want to head one of our volunteer groups or simply be part of a group.
At ISL, we encourage Family Involvement. We hope to see you at the campus and encourage you to contact your Family Liaison for volunteer opportunities around campus.
Family Involvement Plan- The International School of Louisiana receives Title I, Part A funds and is required to develop with and distribute to parents a parental involvement policy & plan that contains the information required by section 1118(a)(2) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The policy establishes the International School of Louisiana’s expectations for parental involvement and describes how the LEA will implement a number of specific parental involvement activities, and is incorporated into the school improvement plans (SIP) and handbooks of each school that is submitted to the State Educational Agency (SEA) annually. The International School of Louisiana’s goal is to support effective parental involvement and to strengthen student academic achievement.
Please click below to review the documents:
- District Parent Involvement Policy
- School Parent Involvement Policy
- Parent Involvement Plan