Welcome to Your Uptown Campus Community
Our ISL Campus Community page provides families with links to your Campus TidBits (Weekly Newsletter), special Uptown Campus Announcements, and Campus Activities. On this page, you can stay connected to your Uptown Campus updates from your Family Liaison and Campus Principal.
Library ONLINE Fundraiser Starts (ends 10/28)
Hearing and Vision Screening 3rd, 5th and 7th grades
7th & 8th Basketball Registrations.
Fall Break (School Closed)
8th Grade & Eclairs. High School information meeting with parents.
7th Grade SexEd begins
Family Fun Night: Outdoor Movie Night 5:30-7:30 pm.
Help us pick a good movie: Click here
Group Picture Day and Individual Retakes
Spirit Day: Dress Like your Favorite Historical Figure Day!
Board of Trustees Meeting
Progress Report Conferences (No School for Students)
- Restorative Practices 8.31.22
Campus TidBits Weekly Newsletter
During the school year, you will receive a weekly newsletter from your Campus Family Liaisons. It will include the latest announcements and other reminders. This newsletter is emailed to families on Thursdays. We encourage you to refer to your weekly newsletter to read about the activities taking place the following week at your campus and to receive important information and reminders.
To subscribe to the Uptown Weekly TidBits Newsletter CLICK HERE
To view past issues of your Campus TidBits, please click on the links below:
- September 29th TidBits
- September 22nd TidBits
- September 15th TidBits
- September 8th TidBits
- September 1st TidBits
- Transportation Services Information 7.28.22
ISL Families can find all links to the Head of School Announcements on our HOS Corner.
ISL Support Services
The following email was sent to families from the Social Work Department at ISL.
Community Resources for Ida Recovery:
- During this time of recovery, ISL would like to provide resources for families that need assistance with recovery efforts. You can visit this page to see a list of resources that we have compiled.
- Click Here for FEMA Fact Sheet – Community Education and Outreach (English and Spanish)
Before & After Care Programs (2021-22)
ISL EARLY BIRD AND PRIME TIME
EARLY BIRD (Before School Care)
- Uptown Campus from 7:15am-8:15am
- Drop off location: Cafeteria. Enter through cafeteria entrance on Terpsichore Street
- Drop-In Service: There is a Before School Child Care drop-in service available for students who are not registered in the Early Bird program. Payment must be made in full the same morning of service.
PRIME TIME (After School Care)*
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (except Wednesdays)- 4:15pm-5:30pm
- Early Dismissal Wednesdays- 3:15pm-5:30pm
- Pick up location: Cafeteria. Enter through cafeteria entrance on Terpsichore Street
- Drop-In Service: There is a PrimeTime drop-in service available for students who are not registered in an after school Program. Fees must be paid in full the afternoon of service.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Monthly payments can be made by cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card. You may also pay monthly fees on-line at www.myschoolbucks.com. Myschoolbucks is the preferred method of payment. Click here for Fee information and other details.
- After School Programs DO NOT operate on ½ school days nor on the final school days before Fall, Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Breaks.
- Dismissal times at the Uptown Campus are 4:00pm, except Wednesdays 3:00pm. Students who remain on campus more than 15 minutes after dismissal and who are not registered in the after school program will automatically be checked into drop-in and charged $20. Fees must be paid in full the afternoon of service.
- ISL Prime Time Coordinator: Vernice Mallet (504) 258-5382
- Fees/Payments: COO, Emily Thomas (504) 229-4378
COMMUNITY WORKS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
This program is not coordinated by ISL This program is sponsored through a partnership with Community Works.
CLICK HERE for information for the 2022-23 academic year.
Melissa Boudreaux (Director of Food Services): (504) 444-2696
Message from Information Technology
FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program that helps struggling families and households afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more.
About the Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount for up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Families are encouraged to check eligibility with local providers before filling out the online application through GetEmergencyBroadband.org. This is a national application, so families can expect a quicker response time with local providers.
TO APPLY FOR BENEFITS THROUGH COX COMMUNICATIONS, CLICK HERE
TO APPLY FOR BENEFITS THROUGH AT&T, CLICK HERE
TO LEARN MORE AND CHECK ELIGIBILITY, CLICK HERE
Tech Support Issues
If you have issues with an ISL-issued Chromebook or your student’s ISL Email account, please email email@example.com. Include the following information when you email us:
- Student name
- Student campus
- Student grade
- Description of the issue you are experiencing
- For issues with the Chromebook, include the asset tag number found on the red sticker on the bottom of the device
- List of the troubleshooting steps taken (i.e. resetting internet, rebooting the device, etc.)
For account information for iReady or other resources used within your student’s class (links to Google Meets, information on curriculum resources, etc.) please reach out to your student’s teacher directly.
NOTE: We auto-close tickets if we do not receive a response within 24 hours.
Please visit the ISL COVID-19 page to view school-wide policies, plans, and FAQ documents for the 2020/2021 school year.
ISL Photo Policy
Click here for the ISL Photo Policy
One of our unique features is the array of enrichment classes that we offer to the student body. Click on the links below for the latest enrichment lessons:
Visit the Faculty and Staff for your teacher’s contact information.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Family Liaison: Martha C. Pena –firstname.lastname@example.org