Westbank Campus Community
WELCOME TO YOUR
WESTBANK CAMPUS COMMUNITY PAGE
Our ISL Campus Community page provides families with links to your Campus Tid Bits (Weekly Newsletter), special Westbank Campus Announcements, and Campus Activities. On this page, you can stay connected to your Westbank Campus updates from your Family Liaison and Campus Principal.
Save the Date #SupportISL Spirit Day: May 11, 2022
Students at all campuses can wear their Campus Spring 2022 T-Shirt on that day!
For the 2021-2022 Year at a Glance calendar, click here.
- 05/12: Sock it to LEAP Spirit Day
- 05/12 – 05/20: 3rd – 5th Leap Testing
- 05/20: Show your Spirit Day
- 05/20: End of LEAP Celebration
- 05/23: International Day Assembly
- 05/25: International Day Breakfast
- 05/27: Last Day of School (1/2 Day, no aftercare)
- 05/27: International Day Parade
Head of School Announcements
March 7, 2022: An important update from the Head of School has been sent to the ISL community on Monday, March 7. Please click here to read this message regarding upcoming Covid policy changes. For your convenience it has also been posted in the HOS Corner.
ISL Families can find all links to the Head of School Announcements on our HOS Corner.
ISL Support Services
The following email was sent to families from the Social Work Department at ISL.
Community Resources for Ida Recovery:
Information from your Campus Principal
Campus TidBits Weekly Newsletter
During the school year, you will receive a weekly newsletter from your Campus Family Liaisons. It will include the latest announcements and other reminders. This newsletter is emailed to families on Thursdays. We encourage you to refer to your weekly newsletter to read about the activities taking place the following week at your campus and to receive important information and reminders.
We have updated our mailing list for the 2021-2022 School Year. If you would like to re-subscribe, please visit this page.
Not receiving your Campus Tidbits?
Subscribe to the Westbank Weekly TidBits Newsletter by clicking here
To view the most recent issue of this weeks Tidbits, click here.
To view past issues of your Campus TidBits, please click here.
Before & After Care Programs (2021-22)
ISL EARLY BIRD AND PRIME TIME
Below please find the information for hours of operation, fees, payments and other details about the program.
PRIME TIME (After School Care)*
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (except Wednesdays)- 3:45pm – 5:30pm
- Early Dismissal Wednesdays- 2:45pm – 5:30pm
- Pick up location: Main Entrance on Olivier St
- Drop-In Service: There is a Prime Time drop-in service available for students who are not registered in an Prime Time (After School Program). Fees must be paid in full the afternoon of service.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Monthly payments can be made by cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card. You may also pay monthly fees on-line at www.myschoolbucks.com. My school bucks is the preferred method of payment. Click here for Fee information and other details.
- After School Programs do not operate on ½ school days nor on the final school days before Fall, Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Breaks.
- *Students who remain on campus more than 15 minutes after dismissal and who are not registered in the after school program will automatically be checked into drop-in and charged $20. Fees must be paid in full the afternoon of service.
Visit the Food Services page for the following:
- Application for Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) benefits
- Application for Free/Reduced Meal Benefits
- ISL Café Menu
- All students will receive free meals for the 2021-22 school year
- Special diet requests for the 2021-22 School year must be supported by a signed diet prescription form by a licensed medical authority. Menu substitutions will be made for students with a documented medical needs. For a copy click here
Any questions or concerns regarding Food services, Meal distribution or pick up, and any dietary or food safety, please reach out to:
Melissa Boudreaux (Director of Food Services): (504) 444-2696 email@example.com
Important information for all families — Please Read:
Food Services is asking ALL ISL Families to apply for Free and Reduced Lunch, even if you do not believe that you will qualify. Please visit this page to apply.
Message from Information Technology
For a student that would like to access the Clever portal from a non-ISL device, please see the attached document for instructions. If you need any further assistance, please contact our helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more.
About the Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount for up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Families are encouraged to check eligibility with local providers before filling out the online application through GetEmergencyBroadband.org. This is a national application, so families can expect a quicker response time with local providers.
TO APPLY FOR BENEFITS THROUGH COX COMMUNICATIONS, CLICK HERE
TO APPLY FOR BENEFITS THROUGH AT&T, CLICK HERE
TO LEARN MORE AND CHECK ELIGIBILITY, CLICK HERE
Tech Support Issues
If you have issues with an ISL-issued Chromebook or your student’s ISL Email account, please email email@example.com. Include the following information when you email us:
Description of the issue you are experiencing
For issues with the Chromebook, include the asset tag number found on the red sticker on the bottom of the device
List of the troubleshooting steps taken (i.e. resetting internet, rebooting the device, etc.)
For account information for iReady or other resources used within your student’s class (links to Google Meets, information on curriculum resources, etc.) please reach out to your student’s teacher directly.
NOTE: We auto-close tickets if we do not receive a response within 24 hours.
Please visit the ISL COVID-19 page to view school-wide policies, plans, and FAQ documents for the 2020/2021 school year.
ISL Family Engagement
Thank you for visiting the ISL Family Engagement section of our website.
Below please find some information regarding ISL Family events, offerings, and resources available to our ISL Parents and Caregivers.
Click on the link below for details. For additional information regarding Family Engagement at ISL, please contact Tamia Randolph-Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISL Community Conversations: Standards Based Grading with Dr. A
- ISL Community Conversations: Social Studies With Mr. Ferguson
- Coming Soon! ISL Community Conversations: Language Immersion with Ms. Rosa Alvarado (Be on the lookout for more information in your Campus TidBits)
- Click here for Tamia’s Corner (shared in the Campus TidBits)
- ISL and Roots ConnectED: Talking about Racism Workshops and Resources
Click the image above to check out the Westbank Community Bulletin
ISL Photo Policy
Click here for the ISL Photo Policy
To contact your teacher
If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Family Liaison: Alexander Andréson– email@example.com