Westbank Campus Procedures
It is important that you click on the link below to access all the information you will need when returning to the school buildings.
To Westbank Campus families not currently participating in Parent Choice ICP, Kindergarten and First grade return to in-person instruction in the school building on Monday, September 14; 2nd-5th grade students return to the building on Monday, September 21.
Students returning to the school building will be attending four days per week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Wednesday all students continue with learning at home. For more details, please visit your Campus Community page.
for further details and Campus Procedures information you will need prior to returning to the school building.
This information below has not yet been updated for the 2020-21 school year.
Rainy Day Procedures Click here
Drop off and Dismissal
Morning Drop Off:
- The Westbank Campus opens its gates at 7:45 am. Parents may make use of a carpool line at Vallette Street.
- Staff and parent volunteers are available each morning to open car doors and welcome your student to school.
- Drivers in the drop off line must pull up curbside and never stop and let children out from the left hand lane.
- Many families prefer to park in the neighborhood and walk their children to the gate. This is welcome during drop off, as well.
- There will be bike racks available if students are biking to school. Bikes should be secured with an appropriate lock to the bike rack not to street signs, or to the railing around the landscaping.
- Gates close promptly at 8:00am. Students arriving late to school (after 8:05 am) must enter through the main doors on Olivier Street.
- Morning drop off map click here
- For the safety of our students, please remind your child to walk through the cafeteria in the morning, rather than around the building on the blacktop; staff will be available inside to monitor and direct students.
- When crossing the streets around the school, please walk to a corner crosswalk where a crossing guard can help you cross safely.
- If you are dropping your students off in carpool, please have them seated in the back seat on the driver’s side if possible, and make sure everything is ready to go before you enter the carpool line. This will help us facilitate a smooth carpool and get to as many people before 8:00 as possible!
- If you’re not in your seat by 8, you’re late!
- Students are dismissed from the blacktop Monday thru Friday.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays dismissal is at 3:30pm*
- Wednesday dismissal is at 2:30pm*
* Students will NOT be released early from school within 30 minutes of dismissal time. Students that are on campus 15 minutes after dismissal times will be placed in Prime Time for the afternoon and charged.
Celebrating your child’s birthday at school
Your child’s birthday is a very exciting day. We understand that everyone celebrates differently. For this reason, please adhere to the following.
- Submit an email request to the teacher and cc Mrs. Kristen in the front office at least 72 hours prior to the requested day
- Please bring all supplies needed. Ex: plates, napkins, utensils, etc.
- We can not provide supplies.
- If you do not wish for your child to attend birthday celebrations, please inform the teacher and other arrangements will be made.
- Due to COVID precautions, visitors will not be able to enter classrooms.
Joining your student for lunch on campus
The ISL Food Services Department strives to promote a healthy lifestyle for our students with an
emphasis on healthy eating.
Items NOT ALLOWED in the cafeteria:
- Carbonated beverages
- Competitive food items from outside restaurants
Outside Items ALLOWED in the cafeteria:
- Milk, water, and 100% juice products during student meal times for all grade levels
Allowed, but limited:
- Parents are encouraged to limit the frequency of cakes, cookies, cupcakes, candy and other high sugar, high fat foods and to increase the number of whole grains and fresh fruits provided in lunch bags and snacks from home. This includes guests who are eating in the cafeteria with students.
Main Office Phone Number: 504.274-4571
Main Office Fax Number: 504-265-9447
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 3:00 pm except on Wed 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Office closes 30 minutes prior to dismissal every day.
No early checkouts at this time.
ISL Photo Policy:
Click here for the ISL Photo Policy