Westbank Campus Procedures
Campus Hours of Operation
Early Bird is not available at this time.
Olivier: Breakfast begins at 8:00 am
Teche: Breakfast begins on student arrival.
MORNING DROP OFF
Olivier: Carpool begins at 8:00 am
Teche: Carpool begins at 8:15 am
Olivier: Classroom Instruction begins at 8:15 am
Teche: Classroom Instruction begins at 8:30 am
Olivier: Afternoon Dismissal is at 3:30 pm
(Except Early Dismissal Wednesday 2:30 pm)
Teche: Afternoon Dismissal is at 3:45 pm
(Except Early Dismissal Wednesday 2:45 pm)
For information about Rainy Day dismissal see below under
Rainy Day Dismissal Procedures for Lower School and Middle School
Rainy Day Procedures Click here
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
As per HOS letter to families and due to flooding and building damage during the summer break, there are currently no Before or After Care Programs available at ISL Westbank Campus.
Office Hours (M, T, Th, F) from 8:15am-4:30pm*
except on Wednesdays 8:15am-3:30pm*
*Office is closed during the 30 minutes prior to dismissal
No early check-outs allowed during the 30 minutes prior to dismissal.
Office is closed during this time to prepare for dismissal.
Drop off and Dismissal
- All ISL students should be in uniform
- Only students may enter the building.
- Use a squirt of hand sanitizer when entering.
- Students should have their mask on and properly secured , grab breakfast from the cafeteria, and proceed directly to their classroom
- No stopping to use the Restroom– Sorry, everyone needs to go straight to class!***
- Bus Riders
- Bus students will arrive through the Olivier Street door.
- Marisa and Raquel will greet bus riders.
- If students want breakfast, then they will grab it from one of two tables closest to the restrooms in the cafeteria and go to class via stairway B or out the doors at the bottom of stairway B and into the modular.
- Bus Riders
- Car Riders
- Car riders will go through the Eliza street carpool drop off line where staff will help them safely exit the vehicle.
- Students will enter the building through the Eliza Street doors.
- Students arriving late will enter the building through the Oliver Street door and be greeted by a staff member.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the building unless that have a previous scheduled appointment
Students will dismiss from the blacktop. Students will maintain line order and spacing while waiting to be picked up. K & 1st grade classes will space out along the modular, 2nd grade will space out along the main building, and 3-5 will be spaced out along the Eliza Street fence. All parents will enter through Eliza Street gate. A Staff Member will be present to limit the number of people on the black top at one time. Parents will collect their child/children and exit through the closet Valette Street gate.
(Parents will not sign, but teachers will place a check mark beside each student as they are picked up.)
* Students will NOT be released early from school within 30 minutes of dismissal time. Students that are on campus 15 minutes after dismissal times will be placed in Prime Time for the afternoon and charged.
Celebrating your child’s birthday at school
Your child’s birthday is a very exciting day. We understand that everyone celebrates differently. For this reason, please adhere to the following.
- Submit an email request to the teacher and cc Mrs. Kristen in the front office at least 72 hours prior to the requested day
- Please bring all supplies needed. Ex: plates, napkins, utensils, etc.
- We can not provide supplies.
- If you do not wish for your child to attend birthday celebrations, please inform the teacher and other arrangements will be made.
- Due to COVID precautions, visitors will not be able to enter classrooms.
Joining your student for lunch on campus
The ISL Food Services Department strives to promote a healthy lifestyle for our students with an
emphasis on healthy eating.
Items NOT ALLOWED in the cafeteria:
- Carbonated beverages
- Competitive food items from outside restaurants
Outside Items ALLOWED in the cafeteria:
- Milk, water, and 100% juice products during student meal times for all grade levels
Allowed, but limited:
- Parents are encouraged to limit the frequency of cakes, cookies, cupcakes, candy and other high sugar, high fat foods and to increase the number of whole grains and fresh fruits provided in lunch bags and snacks from home. This includes guests who are eating in the cafeteria with students.
Main Office Phone Number: 504.274-4571
Main Office Fax Number: 504-265-9447
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 3:00 pm except on Wed 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Office closes 30 minutes prior to dismissal every day.
No early checkouts at this time.
ISL Photo Policy:
Click here for the ISL Photo Policy