Main Round Lottery Results: Parents who submitted an application during the Main Round will receive notice of school placement via EnrollNOLA.
New Student Registration: If your student is placed at ISL, you will also receive an email from us with information about our mandatory online registration process. You should receive this email during the week of April 12-16. The registration deadline for new students is May 21, 2021. Families who have not registered by that time will lose their seats at ISL.
Sibling Preference: Please click here for more information.
The OneApp Main Round Application is closed.
Round 2 Application Opens: April 14, 2021
Round 2 Application Deadline for Grades 2-8: May 7, 2021
(students must already read, write, speak, and understand French or Spanish)
Round 2 Application Deadline for Kindergarten and 1st Grade: May 21, 2021
(no experience with French or Spanish is required)
International School of Louisiana (ISL) is a tuition-free public charter school. Families must apply to ISL through OneApp. Applications are accepted in “rounds.” Please see below for deadline dates.
Watch this video to see how the OneApp works!
Applications are only valid for the following school year, meaning the child must be five years old by September 30, 2021, to be eligible to submit an application during the 2021-22 Main Round. Please pay close attention to deadlines.
As a reminder, OneApp is now an online-only application. Families will only be able to submit an application at www.EnrollNOLA.org.
- Applicants for Kindergarten do not need to have any experience in French or Spanish; ISL does not require pre-admission testing for Kindergarten students.
- Students who would like to join ISL for 1st grade are not required to speak French or Spanish if they join ISL’s 1st grade at the beginning of the school year; students who wish to transfer into 1st grade after September 1 must demonstrate the appropriate level of Target Language (French or Spanish) proficiency.
- Prospective students in Grades 2nd through 8th will be admitted only if they are appropriately experienced in their language of study and successfully pass an entrance exam in the target language (French or Spanish). Applicants for grades 2-8 must be able to read, write, speak, and understand grade-level material in their target language. For example, an applicant for 3rd Grade French must be able to do their 3rd Grade math, science, social studies, and language arts schoolwork in French. The majority of successful applicants are students who have previously attended a language immersion school or a school in a country where French or Spanish is the official language. Students may only test once a year.
- Admission into Kindergarten through 8th Grade is based on the OneApp lottery system and seat availability.
- The OneApp Main Round is now closed. Parents who submitted an application during Main Round will receive notice of school placement in April.
For more information on applying to ISL,
please visit our Application page.
For more information on sibling preference,
please Click Here.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions,
visit our Admissions FAQ.
ONEAPP MATCH RESULTS
If you submit an application to ISL, your placement results will be available on EnrollNOLA.org through their Parent Portal. Additionally, families who submitted an application with an email address listed will receive their results at the email address they provided. Finally, all families will receive a notification letter at the address they provided on their application. If your contact information has changed since submitting an application, please contact EnrollNOLA at email@example.com.
- Go to enrollnola.org and click on “Apply Now” in the left-hand menu
- Click the “Apply Now” button on the page
- Log into your account
- Click on the “School Placement” tab in the top menu
- Review the table under the School Year Placement to see your child’s assignment for next year
OneApp will deliver results as expeditiously as possible after the match is declared final. If you do not receive your placement results or need help, please visit a Family Resource Center, or contact OneApp at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 343-4773.