International School of Louisiana (ISL) is a tuition-free public charter school. Families must apply to ISL through OneApp. Applications are accepted in “rounds.” Please see below for deadline dates.
Watch this video to see how the OneApp works!
Applications are only valid for the following school year, meaning the child must be four years old of age by September 30th of the upcoming school year to be eligible to submit an application. Please pay close attention to deadlines.
Main Round for the 2019-20 School Year
|Main Round Launch||Week of Nov 1, 2018|
|Early Deadline||Week of Jan 10, 2019|
|Main Round Closes||February 22, 2019|
|Notification Results||Second week of April 2019|
Please note that due to the annual calendar this year, the Main Round will launch on the first Monday of November, 2018. Applicants to schools participating in the Early Window deadline will have a deadline in January 2019. As a reminder, OneApp is now an online-only application. Families will only be able to submit an application at www.EnrollNOLA.org.
- Applicants for Kindergarten do not need to have any experience in French or Spanish; ISL does not require pre-admission testing for Kindergarten students.
- Students who would like to join ISL for 1st grade are not required to speak French or Spanish if they join ISL’s 1st grade at the beginning of the school year; students who wish to transfer into 1st grade after September 1 must demonstrate the appropriate level of Target Language (French or Spanish) proficiency.
- Prospective students in Grades 2nd through 8th will be admitted only if they are appropriately experienced in their language of study and successfully pass an entrance exam in the target language (French or Spanish). Applicants for grades 2-8 must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the grade-level material in their target language. The majority of successful applicants are students who have previously attended a language immersion school or a school in a country where French or Spanish is the official language.
- Admission into Kindergarten through 8th Grade is based on a lottery system and availability.
For more information on applying to ISL,
please visit our Application page.
For more information on sibling preference,
please Click Here.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions,
visit our Admissions FAQ.
ONEAPP MATCH RESULTS
If you submit an application during the Main Round, your placement results will be available on EnrollNOLA.org around mid-April of the following year. Additionally, families who submitted an application with an email address listed will receive their results at the email address they provided. Finally, all families will receive a notification letter at the address they provided on their application. If your contact information has changed since submitting an application, please contact the OneApp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to enrollnola.org and click on “Apply Now” in the left-hand menu
- Click the “Apply Now” button on the page
- Log into your account
- Click on the “5 School Placement” tab in the top menu
- Review the table under the School Year Placement to see your child’s assignment for next year
OneApp will deliver results as expeditiously as possible after the match is declared final. If you do not receive your placement results or need help, please visit a Family Resource Center, or contact OneApp at email@example.com or (877) 343-4773.
Once you have received your placement results, you must accept your seat by mid-May. Below is the list of documents you need to bring to your assigned school:
- Seat Acceptance Form
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records
- Parent identification
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental lease agreement/mortgage, property tax notice, etc.)
- IEP / 504 plan (if applicable)
- Students ages infant to 4 years old only: Proof of income (LA Purchase Card Budget Sheet / Benefits Statement, last four consecutive paychecks, letter from employer stating wage and average weekly hours worked) AND 2 proofs of residency
Failure to accept your seat may result in the loss of your seat assignment.
If you misplaced or did not receive a copy of your seat acceptance form, please visit your assigned school or a Family Resource Center.