We are looking forward to our ISL Open House
and the opportunity to meet the 2020-21 Kindergarten Families.
ISL’s Open House will take place
Saturday, November 9
Plan to arrive a few minutes early to allow time for parking.
We will begin our presentation promptly at 9:00 am.
You do not need to RSVP for the Open House.
However, if you have any questions, please contact your preferred campus. Our Family Liaisons can assist you!
💢 Dixon Campus
4040 Eagle St. New Orleans, LA 70118
Spanish & French Immersion
For questions, contact Catalian Colbert, Family Liaison firstname.lastname@example.org
💢 Westbank Campus
502 Olivier St. New Orleans, LA 70114
For questions, contact Kristen Jensen, Family Liaison email@example.com
International School of Louisiana (ISL) is a tuition-free public charter school. Families must apply to ISL through OneApp. Applications are accepted in “rounds.” Please see below for deadline dates.
Watch this video to see how the OneApp works!
Applications are only valid for the following school year, meaning the child must be five years old by September 30, 2019, to be eligible to submit an application during the 2019-20 Main Round. Please pay close attention to deadlines.
As a reminder, OneApp is now an online-only application. Families will only be able to submit an application at www.EnrollNOLA.org.
- Applicants for Kindergarten do not need to have any experience in French or Spanish; ISL does not require pre-admission testing for Kindergarten students.
- Students who would like to join ISL for 1st grade are not required to speak French or Spanish if they join ISL’s 1st grade at the beginning of the school year; students who wish to transfer into 1st grade after September 1 must demonstrate the appropriate level of Target Language (French or Spanish) proficiency.
- Prospective students in Grades 2nd through 8th will be admitted only if they are appropriately experienced in their language of study and successfully pass an entrance exam in the target language (French or Spanish). Applicants for grades 2-8 must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the grade-level material in their target language. The majority of successful applicants are students who have previously attended a language immersion school or a school in a country where French or Spanish is the official language.
- Admission into Kindergarten through 8th Grade is based on a lottery system and availability.
For more information on applying to ISL,
please visit our Application page.
For more information on sibling preference,
please Click Here.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions,
visit our Admissions FAQ.
ONEAPP MATCH RESULTS
If you submit an application to ISL, your placement results will be available on EnrollNOLA.org through their Parent Portal. Additionally, families who submitted an application with an email address listed will receive their results at the email address they provided. Finally, all families will receive a notification letter at the address they provided on their application. If your contact information has changed since submitting an application, please contact EnrollNOLA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to enrollnola.org and click on “Apply Now” in the left-hand menu
- Click the “Apply Now” button on the page
- Log into your account
- Click on the “School Placement” tab in the top menu
- Review the table under the School Year Placement to see your child’s assignment for next year
OneApp will deliver results as expeditiously as possible after the match is declared final. If you do not receive your placement results or need help, please visit a Family Resource Center, or contact OneApp at email@example.com or (877) 343-4773.
Once you have received your placement results, you must accept your seat and complete ISL’s online registration. If your student is placed at ISL, you will receive an email from us with instructions on completing our online registration.